Desert Cinema Productions - FALSE USE OF COMPANY NAME

New York City, New York 2 comments

WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN PROSECUTING THOSE THAT HAVE FALSELY USED THE "DESERT CINEMA PRODUCTIONS" NAME IN ANY CAPACITY TO PROMOTE ANY SERVICES OR JOB OFFERS WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE OWNERS, ROSANNA AND STEPHANIE.IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW WORKED WITH THIS COMPANY UNDER THE GUIDANCE OR SUPERVISION OF ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN THE NAMES AFOREMENTIONED, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN MOVE FORWARD IN OUR LEGAL ACTION.

WE HAVE NEVER PROVIDED INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PAST, SO IF YOU WERE AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2012 OR PREVIOUS, YOU WERE MISINFORMED.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANYONE THAT WAS MISLED, WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING HARD TO TRACK DOWN THE PERPETRATORS.THANK YOU!

Review about: Desert Cinema Productions.

Comments

vinnyjohn13
Staten Island, New York, United States #668805

I just wanted to inform you that earlier today I was contacted personally by Amerikah, and we resolved any issues I had towards what happened in the past.Pissedconsumer.com at this time doesn't let you remove any reviews that are posted, but I did update the review with a positive response.

I would like to thank you for acting on this in a professional manner. I have absolutely no issues or bad feelings towards DCP or Amerikah. I also learned that the project I was working on was not directly under DCP, so technically I never worked under DCP. I previously didn't know that.

Again, I would like to thank you all for the quick response and went forward to resolve the issue.

It means a lot to me, and it shows me you care about your product.If there is a time when this website allows you to remove a post, I will do so.

vinnyjohn13
Staten Island, New York, United States #666891

Thank you for responding to the post.In the summer of 2012 I worked with Amerikah Dee who claimed she was apart of Desert Cinema Productions.

At the time that I wrote this review, I had come across an internship from your company on craigslist, posted exactly like the one I responded to last year. As someone looking for future opportunities like myself, when seeing this Ad I wanted to make sure no one would be fooled into being used. I spent a lot of time editing video to the best of my ability with what I was given. I apologize if Amerikah isn't with your company.

If she is, I want you to know that she never followed up with me after all the work that I had done, regardless if she was happy with the work or not. She led me on, telling me about future opportunities that would be paid. Amerikah even went so far as to say she was going on vacation and that she would contact me when she got back. She never did, and she never responded to my emails.

I never knew where my work went, or if I received credit. A few months ago I came across a demo reel she had on youtube (which has been removed) it did have a small portion of my work featured. I hope you understand my frustrations. If Amerikah does work with DCP, and this is the way your company handles business, then I have to state the fact that this is highly unprofessional.

I felt used, abused, and betrayed. As you can understand, if I took three five to ten minute videos from you and took all the credit you would be upset too. Currently Amerikah claims to be a singer, songwriter, visual artist on her Facebook page. She also has Desert Cinema Productions in her Affiliations.

In fact, I just went to the Desert Cinema Productions Facebook page, and there are pictures of her in your albums.

Again, regardless if my work was ever used, or not, I should have received a response instead of her just basically walking away.Thank you for your time.

Desert Cinema Productions, Amazing Opportunity (Not So Amazing)

Update by user Jun 24, 2013

Ignore my previous review for Desert Cinema Productions!

Since my review of Desert Cinema Productions, I was contacted by the individual that I worked for. We resolved any issues regarding my experiences with her or the company. I greatly appreciate it, and it was the right thing for them to do. This shows DCP cares about their product. I have no issues with DCP or anyone affiliated with them. They responded to me in a very professional manner and I respect that. I also learned that technically the project I was working on wasn’t affiliated with DCP. Not only do I take back my negative feeling towards them, but since I technically worked on a project not affiliated with them, I never worked directly under Desert Cinema Productions. So if anyone decides to apply for an internship or job with Desert Cinema Productions, you can go ahead and do so without feeling cautious about their intentions. I’m sure they will give you the opportunity you are looking for. If I could, I would remove that review, but pissedconsumer.com at this time does not let you remove your reviews. If and when there is a time that this website allows this feature, I will go ahead and remove that post. Again, I would like to thank all of them for personally contacting me and resolving any issues I may have had with them, or anyone else. It really meant a lot to me, and I greatly appreciate it!

Original review posted by user May 20, 2013

BEWARE DCP IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME!In the Summer of 2012, Desert Cinema Productions offered an Internship opportunity for video editors seeking to enhance their skills, and gain credibility doing so.

When I went for the interview (in some Cafe) they suggested the opportunity wasn't just an internship, but that they were trying to build an editing house to expand their company. DCP told me that it would eventually lead to paid work, and very soon. I was intrigued, not only was I going to get an internship, but earn money as well?! Too good to be true?

Yes, of course it was. They then asked me to take some footage and edit it together as sort of a "test run". I went home, put together a video, and days later they contacted me saying that not only did they like it, but they need me to edit three more videos. I went back and forth with them, editing the videos, and meeting with them on a weekly basis.

Eventually, I asked them where the videos would be exhibited? and what was it for? I always received a vague response. The footage from these videos were horrible.

The videos were grainy, all the audio had to be re synced to the video, and some of the audio was unclear. It was a lot of work that they clearly wanted no part of. These videos needed to be reshot, but because they were working for a client, the videos were "done" and were unable to be reshot. I did the best I could with limited tools.

You can't exactly make ketchup from chocolate, if you understand what I am saying. When all the videos were done, I asked them to send me the link to the videos, or at least a link to where it would be presented. DCP told me of course, and that they had a paid job waiting for me for the next video. They said they would keep in touch with me, and even called me "one of our editors".

After a week, I wrote them an email about the new video, when can we start? and I never received a response. I never got that next paid video, and I never received a link to the work that I did. So, in other words, I don't know if I even received credit for all the work that I did.

Before the work was done, I even went out of my way 10 o clock on a Saturday night to meet with them at a street corner in downtown brooklyn.

Although this was highly unprofessional, I was desperate for an opportunity.Beware, DCP is a waste of your time!!!